Friday, August 12, 2011

Purple & Gold Couple Shower


This has been a big year for my family.  My youngest daughter was born in November 2010 and my only sister, Crystal got married in July.  We definitely had a lot of fun parties!  I was fortunate enough to be able to host a couple shower for her and her now husband, Andy.  Crystal and Andy met at their alma mater, East Carolina University, which happens to be my old stomping grounds as well.  Go Pirates!!  Both are football season ticket holders and bleed purple and gold (the school colors) so I decided to loosely base the theme around ECU.  This would also keep it from being too "girly" as I have a tendency to really like pink.  I had some wonderful co-hosts, Jacob & Kristen Lane and Rhett & Ellen Bailey, who helped out with the food, location, beverages and cake.  I totally believe the feel of the party starts with the invitation but the experience of the party starts with the front door.


I wanted to do something to honor the bride and groom but didn't think flowers were the way to go.  I threw these buttons together at the last minute and was pretty happy with the way they turned out.  The paper used matches the invitations and signage at the party. 





This was one of my favorite details of the party and super easy!  Simply shave the bottom of a lemon until its flat, cut a slit in it and stick in a card stock sign.  This will definitely be reused for tailgates!  All food had an ECU themed title.  


Crystal is definitely a southern belle so I knew I had to include the married monogram somewhere.




It always seems at the end of the night that there are about 3 plastic cups for every person that attended as guests always lose their cups.  I used yellow stickers on half of the cups and included a purple marker so that everyone could write their names



Congratulations Crystal & Andy Boger!!!  Love you both!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...