Friday, August 19, 2011

Cake Pops

Hallelujah!  The weekend is FINALLY here!  With a work conference last weekend I feel like I have been working forever.  I am so looking forward to a little downtime with the family at home.  Emily has a swim lesson and her first ballet lesson on Saturday so I still do have a few things scheduled.  At least those are hopefully fun things.  I just bought Emily's first pair of ballet shoes yesterday and I swear I wanted to cry!  They were so little and adorable.  Is it sad that as soon as I saw them, I thought of a craft?
source

My goal this weekend is to make teacher gifts.  Emily just started in the 3-year old class at preschool and I want to butter her teachers up.  Ha!  I do want to give her old teachers something as a thank you and her new teachers as a welcome gift.  I can't leave out Donna who is Lindsay's daycare person.  I don't know what I would do without her.  She helped get both of my babies on a regular nap pattern and therefore gave me back my sanity.  LOVE HER!  Anyways, I have had this cookbook from the library that I have obsessively flipped through and planned all sorts of things around the recipes.....but haven't tried anything.  Crunch time as the book is due back so this weekend I will be making (drum roll, please) -

CAKE POPS!


 

The cookbook is by the fabulously popular Bakerella.  I love everything she does and her blog is awesome!  I have decided to make the apple cake pops (fitting for a teacher, right?).  I will let you know how my endeavor turns out.  To be continued...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...