Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blogging

This is turning out to be harder than I thought.



Not to toot my own horn, but I've always been pretty creative.  Do people even say "toot my own horn" anymore?  Maybe that has fallen along the same wayside as "smartie britches" and "knee high to a grasshopper".  Maybe it was my frugal upbringing but I've always had a "I can make that" attitude.  I love seeing pictures of things and then trying to recreate.  Most of the time it doesn't live up to my expectations but the point is I tried, right?  I truly enjoy trying new crafts and get a great sense of accomplishment when something I make is appreciated by myself and/or others.

Which is why I thought this blog idea was a no-brainer.  I love parties, crafts and all things creative.  I even work in the corporate event planning world!  The problem is not the subject matter but the time.  The time to try all these crafts and chronicle it.  I simply have too many ideas and not enough time!  I've also finding it hard to focus.  I see soooo many projects that I want to complete.  It doesn't matter to me that I currently don't know how to sew - maybe that's just another adventure waiting to happen.  Ha!  My husband is going to so hate this blog!!  

Personality - Another problem I'm having in the blog world is I don't feel like I've actually represented myself on here or that you have any idea the type of person I am.  Granted originally I had planned to only post crafts and parties but I'm starting to feel that is a little hollow.  I want you to know me and if instead of writing about some nifty footprint craft I did with my daughter, I want to write about making jello shots that day since my boss yelled at me at work, so be it!  Or maybe I just want to gripe about how much trouble I'm having with Lindsay teething or Emily potty training.  Or how my friends are the best as they always help with anything I ask and my husband is a saint since he let me have a girls night even after staying up with the kids until 1am the night before.  I'm still going to focus on parties & crafts but I will share my personal struggles and triumphs along the way.  I hope you enjoy the ride!       




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...