Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hungry Caterpillar Cake

Today's my birthday!!!  And what is a birthday without a cake!  We will not discuss how many candles are needed for my cake.  This cake started it all in terms of my obsession with children's parties.  The theme of a party is very important to me and I chose "The Hungry Little Caterpillar" for my daughter Emily's first birthday in June 2009.  I would love to say that I chose this book because it was Emily's favorite or something educational like that but truth be told, I just thought I could make cute decorations for the party!  Even though the pipe cleaner little antennas didn't make it to the cake in time for the picture, I think it turned out pretty well.  I was very food conscious at the time and the "head" of the caterpillar is Emily's smash cake.  This was made with a sugar free applesauce cake recipe and wasn't that bad.  I will post more pictures of the decorations soon.  Can't believe my little girl is 3 now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...