Saturday, September 10, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

It has been brought to my attention that I never posted pictures from my girlfriend's baby shower. Sorry Sara!  Sara and Kevin were having a little boy.  Both are very dear friends and I know that they love sports.  Most of the time girls say that but really don't mean it.  OR they really like tailgating and the entertaining that it involves but not the actual sport.  Sara is not that type of girl.  She truely loves football and baseball and any other sport that where a Louisiana team is involved.  Kevin is from New York so as a male it is just a given that he is a huge Yankee fan.  I figured it would be too complicated to try to make all of these Louisiana and New York teams mesh with maybe a sprinkle of North Carolina Teams like the Hurricanes.  Therefore, I went for a generic sports theme.  I was 8 months pregnant at the time and felt like a bloated whale so I didn't have the energy to do as many details as I would have liked.  I was very happy with the pennant banner and diaper cake though.  It was a great, relaxing party and everyone enjoyed showering Baby Stockwell with gifts.  Kevin and Sara have lots of wonderful friends and family that love him already so he is a lucky boy!


These cupcakes definitely didn't turn out like I wanted them to.  I learned a valuable lesson - I do not like working with gel icing.  It did not come out very easy for me at all and was very runny.  Unfortunately I decided to decorate these at the location so I didn't have a choice but to serve them.  I love the lifesaver pacifiers though.  Those turned out great and I used those as decorations on the table as well as cupcake toppers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...