Wednesday, July 11, 2012

NC Summers

What do you do when its 103 for seven days in a row?  Anything possible to stay cool and drink lots of water!!  I was just telling my mom how lucky we were that it had so far been a mild summer and then we get hit with a heat wave.  Both Lindsay and Emily beg to be outdoors 24/7 so I had to think of a few cool ways to have fun.  First I froze food coloring to make fun paint ice cubes.  Emily loved watching them melt and Lindsay kept trying to put them back in the bucket.  Good activity for a hot day though.


We made popsicles with Kool-Aid and fresh blueberries.


We have alot of extra blueberries from last week's produce box so we also made a healthy blueberry ice cream that I found on Pinterest.  Just blend frozen blueberries, vanilla Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.  I had to pop it back in the freezer for it to get to the right consistency but it was great and the girls loved it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...