Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trash to Dress - First Big Sewing Project!

One of my goals for 2012 was to teach myself how to sew.  With most craft projects (crochet, scrapbooking, painting) I don't really like the process but really want that finished product.  Do you know what I mean?  I actually LIKE the sewing process though.  It makes me stop and think.  I tend to rush through things and you cannot rush through sewing unless you want to waste a lot of time ripping out seams.  Rushing is something I obviously need to work on as I keep hearing how these are the best days of my life but it seems everyday I am counting down the minutes until the kids are in bed so I can relax or more likely - clean.  Does that make me a horrible mother?!?  I also learned that sewing is not a project that can be enjoyed with a glass (or two) of wine!  I made that mistake while making the skirt and had to restitch three times!  Anyways, I am very happy with the way it turned out!  I used a tutorial from Made by Lex.  I didn't add pockets and since I guess my husband's shirts are bigger than hers, I had to use a gather stitch for the skirt to make it fit the chest band.  Look, I'm using sewing lingo!  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...